Blue Jackets select Marko Dano at No. 27 overall
BLUEJACKETS.COM DRAFT CENTRAL
- CBJ DRAFT CENTRAL
- LISTEN: LIVE CBJ Draft Radio Show
- WIN: Best is Yet to Come Summer Sweepstakes
- VIEW: Photo Gallery
- READ: Blue Jackets select Rychel at 19
- READ: Blue Jackets select Dano at 27
- WATCH: Alexander Wennberg selection
- WATCH: Kerby Rychel selection
- WATCH: Marko Dano selection
- LISTEN: Alexander Wennberg scrum
- LISTEN: Kerby Rychel scrum
- LISTEN: Marko Dano scrum
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Perhaps a surprise to some with trade talk swirling and the Blue Jackets showing a willingness to move one of their three first-round picks, but the club strode to the podium three times at Prudential Center and made their selections.
They got three players whom they rated highly and had interest in during the first round, the most recent being Marko Dano from Bratislava in the KHL. Dano is a native of Slovakia, and was one of the country's top players at the 2013 World Junior tournament where he put up four goals and nine points in six games on an undermanned squad.
He finished 12th on NHL Central Scouting's final rankings for international skaters, and is regarded as a strong two-way player with good hockey instincts. Dano is listed as a natural center and played in the middle of the ice during the World Junior.