- He was the youngest player in the WCHA and the second youngest in Division I hockey in 2007-08.
- Three of his four goals in 2007-08 were game-winning goals to rank second on the team.
- Played for the Oakville Blades of the Ontario Provincial Junior Hockey League (OPJHL) in 2006-07, where he recorded 22 points (7-15--22) in 19 games in an injury-shortened season.
- Was also a member of Team Ontario at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge in 2006 -- he was one of only three non-OHL players to be named to the roster.
- His great uncle, Dick Duff, won six Stanley Cups, two with the Maple Leafs (1962, 1963) and four with the Montreal Canadiens (1965, 1966, 1968, and 1969).
- Credits his parents for having the biggest influence on his career -- they've always been there supporting me as well as former minor hockey coach Dave Gagner for all that he has taught him about the game.
- Patterns his game after Toronto Maple Leafs' defenseman Tomas Kaberle and he wears number 27 at Wisconsin because his favorite number 19 was taken.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning the OHL Cup (Ontario Minor Midget championship) with the same team (Toronto Marlies) he had been with for four years â€“ â€œwe did it together as one in our last games togetherâ€?.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Bobby Orr to talk about his philosophy on D', Tiger Woods to understand how he prepares mentally for events, and John Glenn to talk about what it took to be the first person in space.
- The most embarrassing song on his iPod is Kelly Clarkson's "Since you've been gone" and if he wasn't playing hockey he would become an accountant.
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
NHL Player: Scott Niedermayer
Shootout move: "Shot high glove"
Goal celebration: Fist pump
Video Game: NHL 2008
Movie: Remember the Titans
TV Show: Lost
Actor: Denzel Washington
Group: Rascal Flatts
Food to cook: Steak
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Activity away from the rink: Playing cards
Toy growing up: Mini sticks
Place to shop: Hugo Boss
Place to visit: Hawaii