THIS WEEK’S GAME/BROADCAST SCHEDULE (Times ET)
Tuesday, Jan. 21 vs. LOS ANGELES KINGS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
Thursday, Jan. 23 vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/WWCD 102.5 FM
Saturday, Jan. 25 vs. BUFFALO SABRES, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 p.m. – FS Ohio HD/Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan
PRACTICE SCHEDULE, Jan. 21-27
Tuesday, Jan. 21: 10 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, Jan. 22: 10:30 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Thursday, Jan. 23: 10 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Friday, Jan. 24: 10:30 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Jan. 25: 10 a.m. – Nationwide Arena
Sunday, Jan. 26: TBD
Monday, Jan. 27: 11:30 a.m. – PNC Arena, Raleigh, NC
LAST WEEK’S RESULTS
Jan. 13 – at COLUMBUS 3, Tampa Bay 2
(Bobrovsky – 26 saves, W; Letestu – G, 4 SOG; Johansen – G, 11 FOW; Johnson – 2A; Horton – 200th career NHL goal; Foligno – 3 hits)
Jan. 17 – at COLUMBUS 5, Washington 1
(Bobrovsky – 26 saves, W; Atkinson – 2G, 5 SOG; Johnson – 2A, 25:24 TOI; Johansen – G, A, Jenner – 8 hits; Dubinsky – 1A, 11 FOW)
Jan. 18 – COLUMBUS 4, at Buffalo 3 (SO)
(Bobrovsky – 26 saves, W; Dubinsky – G, A; Savard – G; Calvert – G; Atkinson – A, 5 SOG; Johansen – game-winning shootout goal)
BLUE JACKETS AT A GLANCE
Record: 24-20-4 (52 pts.) – 4th/Metropolitan Division… Home: 12-9-2 (26 pts.), Road: 12-11-2 (26 pts.).
Leading Scorers: C Ryan Johansen (18-18-36 in 48 GP)… C Brandon Dubinsky (10-22-32 in 42 GP)… D James Wisniewski (4-24-28 in 41 GP)… RW Cam Atkinson (15-12-27 in 48 GP)… LW Nick Foligno (12-14-26 in 42 GP).
OPPONENTS AT A GLANCE
LOS ANGELES KINGS – Record: 29-14-6 (64 pts.)… 3rd/Pacific Division… Home: 16-2-3 (35 pts.)… Road: 13-8-3 (29 pts.)
Head Coach: Darryl Sutter… Players to Watch: G Jonathan Quick, C Anze Kopitar, D Drew Doughty
All-Time: CBJ, 20-24-3 (12-9-2 at home)… Los Angeles swept the season series in 2012-13, winning all three games between the clubs… Columbus’ last win against the Kings came on Mar. 8, 2012 (3-1, Nationwide Arena)… This season: First of two meetings… Next game: Feb. 6 at Los Angeles.
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS – Record: 25-19-5 (55 pts.)… 3rd/Metropolitan Division… Home: 13-8-1 (27 pts.)… Road: 12-11-4 (27 pts.)
Head Coach: Craig Berube… Players to Watch: C Claude Giroux, RW Jakub Voracek, C Vincent Lecavalier
All-Time: CBJ, 3-7-3 (3-2-2 at home)… The Jackets have won their last three home games against the Flyers dating back to Dec. 27, 2008… This season: Third of four meetings… The two teams split a home-and-home series last month with Philadelphia earning a 5-4 home win at home on Dec. 19 and Columbus capturing a 6-3 victory two days later at Nationwide Arena… Next game: Apr. 3 at Philadelphia.
BUFFALO SABRES – Record: 13-27-7 (33 pts.)… 8th/Atlantic Division… Home: 9-13-4 (22 pts.)… Road: 4-14-3 (11 pts.)
Head Coach: Ted Nolan… Players to Watch: G Ryan Miller, D Tyler Myers, LW Matt Moulson
All-Time: CBJ, 10-5-1 (4-1-1 at home)… The Jackets have won seven of their last 10 meetings with the Sabres dating back to Jan. 26, 2007… This season: Third of three meetings… Columbus has defeated Buffalo twice at First Niagara Center this season, taking a 4-1 decision on Oct. 10 and earning a 4-3 shootout victory on Jan. 18.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
· RW Marian Gaborik (broken collarbone; surgery on Dec. 24 and will be sidelined indefinitely)… RW Jared Boll (torn ankle tendon; Injured Reserve on Nov. 26, surgery on Dec. 16, expected to miss three to four months)… RW Jack Skille (upper body, placed on IR Jan. 3 retroactive to Dec. 21)… LW Blake Comeau (sprained knee; Injured Reserve on Jan. 10, expected to miss four to six weeks).
Total Man Games Lost to Injury/Illness in 2013-14: 208
· Columbus has won six consecutive games, a mark which ties a franchise record originally set from Mar. 24 to Apr. 3, 2006. The Jackets’ six straight victories is the longest active streak in the NHL.
· The Blue Jackets own one of the best records in the NHL since Jan. 1 – 1) ANA, 8-1-0, 16 pts.; 2) COL, 7-1-1, 15 pts.; 3) NYR, 7-2-1, 15 pts.; 4) CBJ, 7-1-0, 14 pts.; 5) MIN, 7-2-0, 14 pts.
· The Blue Jackets are 6-of-21 (28.6%) on the power play and 20-of-25 (80.0%) on the penalty kill in their last six games and have outscored opponents 25-12 during that stretch.
· Columbus currently ranks fourth in the Eastern Conference with a 5-on-5 goals-for/against ratio of 1.05/1.
· The Jackets rank fourth in the NHL in total team hits with 1,463 and are tied for seventh with 25 fighting majors.
· Columbus has recorded only 243 giveaways this season, the second-lowest total in the NHL.
· G Sergei Bobrovsky is 7-0-0 with a 1.59 goals-against-average and .947 save percentage in his last seven appearances.
· C Mark Letestu has recorded 5-2-7 and a +3 plus/minus rating in his last seven games played. He was also recently named one of the Alberta Junior Hockey League’s Top 50 Players of All-Time.
· D James Wisniewski has recorded 2-6-8 in his last eight games played and is now tied for 11th place among all NHL defensemen in points-per-game (0.68).
· RW Cam Atkinson has tallied 5-2-7 ad a +4 plus/minus rating in his last six games played and is now on pace to register 25-20-45 this season.
· D Ryan Murray has registered 0-6-6 in eight games played in January, tying him for second in scoring among rookie NHL defensemen in scoring for the month. On the season, Murray ranks third among first-year blueliners in blocked shots (75), fourth in TOI/game (20:10), fourth (tied) in power play points (6) and seventh in overall scoring (3-12-15).
· C Brandon Dubinsky has collected 5-12-17 in his last 20 games.
BLUE JACKETS TO PLAY 1,000TH REGULAR SEASON GAME ON THURSDAY AT NATIONWIDE ARENA
The Columbus Blue Jackets are set to play the 1000th regular season game in franchise history on Thursday, January 23 when the team hosts the Philadelphia Flyers at Nationwide Arena. Game time is 7 p.m. To mark this milestone, fans will be treated to a host of giveaways and promotions.
All fans in attendance will receive a commemorative 1000th game ticket courtesy of OhioHealth. Additionally, several Blue Jackets partners are celebrating the occasion by giving fans the chance to win the following prizes and gifts throughout the night:
- 1,000 pizzas courtesy of Papa John’s
- $1,000 gift card courtesy of Meyers Jewelers
- $1,000 cash prize courtesy of Marzetti
- $1,000 in product vouchers courtesy of Pepsi
- $1,000 in gas cards for the designated military honoree of the night courtesy of Marathon
FOX SPORTS OHIO FLORIDA FLYAWAY
FOX Sports Ohio wants to send a lucky fan on the road to see the Blue Jackets play in the Florida Fly Away Sweepstakes. Fans who watch the team on FOX Sports Ohio through February 1 will be shown a keyword to enter at www.BlueJackets.com/FloridaFlyAway or to text to 90561. Twelve qualifying winners will receive an autographed puck and a grand prize winner will receive a three-night trip to Florida which includes airfare, two tickets to see the Blue Jackets vs. Lightning on Apr. 11, hotel accommodations and $300 spending cash. The grand prize winner will be selected and recognized in-arena on Mar. 18.
WALGREENS 60 SECOND COUNTDOWN
Fans can visit their local Walgreens store or text ‘WALGREENS’ to 90561 to enter the Walgreens 60 Second Countdown. One contestant will be randomly selected for each remaining home game this season. The winner receives four tickets to a game and will walk away with $1,000 if a Blue Jackets player scores a goal in the last 60 seconds of the 2nd period.
BUY PEPSI, SAVE $10 ON A TICKET TO SEE THE BLUE JACKETS
Pick up specially marked Blue Jackets cans of Pepsi at participating retailers throughout Central Ohio for an offer to save $10 on any Blue Jackets ticket for home games between now and February 1, 2014. Look for special Blue Jackets-branded Pepsi trucks throughout the area in support of this special offer.
CURRENT & UPCOMING PROMOTIONS
· Saturday, January 25 vs. Buffalo – DISPATCH FAMILY VALUE PACK: With this offer, fans receive a game ticket, hot dog, Pepsi, popcorn, a voucher for a free Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream and OhioHealth Ice Haus Skate Pass starting at $30 per person.
· Nationwide Insurance VIP Sweepstakes – Four times this season, Nationwide Insurance is awarding a lucky sweepstakes winner with a special VIP Game Experience that includes four game tickets in the Nationwide Insurance Fan Lounge, a $50 food/beverage voucher, a jersey, puck, player photo, the chance to watch warm-ups from the team bench and a ride the Nationwide Zamboni during intermission. Fans can enter at www.BlueJackets.com/NationwideVIP with winners selected for the following games – Jan. 17 vs. Washington, Mar. 21 vs. NY Rangers and Apr. 4 vs. Chicago.
· Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge – The Blue Jackets are offering fans the chance to go behind the bench and make the calls the head coach makes through the Blue Jackets Fantasy Challenge. Fans can visit BlueJackets.com at the link below to register, pick their lineup and Join the Battle! Over 40 prizes will be awarded throughout the season including autographed pucks and jerseys, game tickets and a suite night! To play, click HERE.
· Hollywood Casino Win & Get In to Play Poker with the Jackets – Fans can win a chance to play poker with Blue Jackets players thanks to the Hollywood Casino Win & Get In promotion. Fans can text ‘HOLLYWOOD’ to 90561 to receive a bounce-back text with a special code and instructions to visit Hollywood Casino’s Player Services. Upon showing their unique code and registering as a Marquee Rewards Club member, each fan will receive one entry to win a chance to play poker with Blue Jackets players in February. Fans can enter once during each of the following remaining time periods – Jan. 13-26, Jan. 27-Feb. 9 – for a maximum of four entries to win a spot at the table. All fans must be 21 years of age or older. For more information, visit www.BlueJackets.com/Hollywood.
|Back to top ↑|