Third Annual Experience Columbus Days to Showcase Area Attractions
50 Percent off deals to be offered citywide Oct. 6-9
In addition to 50 percent off various attractions, discounts are available at more than a dozen participating hotels. To enjoy all discounts, visitors must download the Experience Columbus Days card online at www.ExperienceColumbusDays.com.
“We think of the Experience Columbus Days card as a passport to the diverse and exciting attractions Columbus has to offer – from the world-class Chihuly exhibit at Franklin Park Conservatory to the kickoff of the Columbus Blue Jackets season at Nationwide Arena,” said Paul D. Astleford, president and CEO of Experience Columbus. “It’s very important to encourage not only visitors to our city but also our residents to get out and acquaint– or reacquaint – themselves with all there is to do and see in Columbus.
Experience Columbus Days will be promoted to a regional audience through direct mail coupons, Post-it notes on newspapers in major markets, radio traffic report sponsorships, mobile outdoor units, street teams and targeted online advertising. More than one million cards will be distributed to promote the four-day weekend.
“Columbus has been designated by Money magazine as the #8 best big city in which to live; by AmericanStyle magazine as the #9 arts city in the nation; by Readers Digest as the #4 cleanest city in the United States; and by Forbes Magazine as the #11 top city for singles,” said Columbus Mayor Michael B. Coleman. “Everyone else is starting to realize how great Columbus is…it’s time that we – the residents of Columbus – embrace this fact and become true ambassadors to our great city. Experience Columbus Days is the perfect opportunity to do this.”
Experience Columbus Days Discounts
On the weekend of Oct. 6-9, visitors and residents will get a glimpse of all that Greater Columbus has to offer through discounts at attractions, performing arts events and participating hotels. Highlights include:
- Free admission and parking to Fall Meet Opening Days at Beulah Park on Oct. 6-7
- 50 percent off tickets to CAPA’s presentation of jazz saxophonist David Sanchez at the historic Southern Theatre
- A limited number of discounted tickets will be available at the Blue Jackets Box office for the Oct. 9 game vs. the Phoenix Coyotes. You must present an Experience Columbus Days Card to receive the discount.
- 50 percent off admission to the Columbus Museum of Art featuring the world-class Kehinde Wiley exhibit -
- 50 percent off selected Columbus Symphony Orchestra’s performances of Copland's “Appalachian Spring” and de Fallas “The Three-Cornered Hat”
- 50 percent off admission to Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and its new Asia Quest exhibit
- 50 percent off CATCO’s “Ghost Light: The Shorts Festival 2006” performances at 8 p.m. -Oct. 6 -7 and 2 p.m. Oct. 8
- 50 percent off admission to COSI Columbus
- 50 percent off admission to Franklin Park Conservatory featuring Dale Chihuly’s “Fiori”
- 50 percent off admission to Kelton House Museum and Garden
- 50 percent off admission to miniature golf at Magic Mountain Fun Centers
- 50 percent off admission to the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum
- 50 percent off admission to the Ohio Historical Center
- 50 percent off admission to Ohio State University’s volleyball, men’s soccer, field hockey and men’s and women’s ice hockey games
- 50 percent off admission to the Santa Maria
- 50 percent off admission to Shadowbox Cabaret’s Freak Show
- 50 percent off admission to Terror Park at Cooper Stadium on Oct. 6-7
- 50 percent off films and performances at the Wexner Center for the Arts
- 50 percent off admission to the Wilds
For a complete list of updated special offers, please visit www.ExperienceColumbusDays.com.