One on One with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman
We sit down with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to talk NHL All-Star in Columbus!
This is a busy time of year for National Hockey League commissioner Gary Bettman. The Stanley Cup playoffs are in full swing and there has been no shortage of drama and thrilling hockey theatre in the first three weeks of the tournament.
In the opening round of the playoffs, 16 of 48 games were decided by overtime and 32 total were one-goal margins. Parity is at its highest point ever in the NHL and it’s something Bettman has worked hard to achieve. The commissioner took a break from his schedule last week to join the Blue Jackets organization in unveiling the 2013 NHL All-Star Game logo, as part a terrific event on the plaza outside Nationwide Arena.
“Knowing the great fans that are here in Columbus, we’re looking forward to what we know will be a great event,” Bettman said. “What better way to kick off the festivities by giving people the logo to look at and focus on for the next few months.”
The logo will be a central part of the NHL’s marketing and advertising efforts as next January draws closer. Several elements are prevalent in the design which focuses on the Ohio state flag and the Blue Jackets’ Civil War theme.
“It’s a fun logo,” Bettman said. “When you dissect it, it’s got the state flag elements in there, and the star representing the capital city.”
In his sit-down with Bob McElligott of Blue Jackets radio, Bettman discusses the All-Star game, the impact of the 2007 Entry Draft held in Columbus, and much more.
MORE NHL ALL-STAR HEADLINES
- READ: 2013 NHL All-Star Game Chronicles: Scouting the City
- READ: 2013 NHL All-Star Game Chronicles: Research & Discovery
- READ: Columbus Blue Jackets to Host 2013 NHL All-Star Celebration
- WATCH: NHL tours Columbus
- WATCH: NHL All-Star Game Facilities Tour
- WATCH: NHL Commisioner Gary Bettman Press Conference
- WATCH: NHL Commisioner Gary Bettman and Mike Priest Interview
- WATCH: NHL Commisioner Gary Bettman Makes All-Star Announcement
- READ: 2013 NHL All-Star Game Frequently Asked Questions
Follow @BlueJacketsNHL on Twitter, and use the hashtag #CBJ
LIKE Columbus Blue Jackets on Facebook