CBJ Weekly Report: Feb. 25
Jackets back on home ice Tuesday following season-long six-game road trip; Black Tie Blue Jackets Style Show set for Wednesday
Leading Scorers: C/LW Derick Brassard (3-7-10, 19 GP)… D Fedor Tyutin (1-9-10, 19 GP)… LW Vinny Prospal (6-3-9, 19 GP)... D James Wisniewski (3-6-9, 15 GP)
This Season: Second of three meetings… CBJ earned a 2-1 home win over DAL on Jan. 28 (Prospal –GWG, Bobrovsky –24 saves)… Next game is April 25 at American Airlines Center
This Season: Third of four meetings… CHI earned a 3-2 win at Nationwide Arena on Jan. 26 and a 1-0 win at United Center on Feb. 24… Next game is March 14 in Columbus.
- CBJ has the fewest giveaways of any team in the NHL (77, 11 fewer than 2nd place STL)
- CBJ currently leads the Western Conference in fighting majors (19) and PIM (301)
- CBJ currently leads the Western Conference in total team hits (468)
- CBJ is T-3rd in the Western Conference in come-from-behind victories (4)
- CBJ currently ranks 10th in the NHL in penalty kill efficiency (83.6 pct.)
- F. Tyutin is currently T-10th amongst all NHL defensemen in assists (9) and is T-14th in points (10)
- J. Wisniewski has recorded points in eight of his last 10 games played (2-6-8)
- V. Prospal’s next goal will be the 250th of his NHL career
- J. Boll leads the NHL in fighting majors (7) and ranks 2nd in PIM (69)
- M. Letestu has won 53 of his last 86 face-off attempts (61.6%)
- Blue Jackets radio play-by-play announcer George Matthews called his 1,000th National Hockey League game on Saturday, February 16 when Columbus visited the Phoenix Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena. Matthews has served as the radio play-by-play voice of Blue Jackets hockey since the inaugural 2000-01 season. His first broadcast was a preseason game against the Pittsburgh Penguins from Mellon Arena on Sept. 15, 2000 and he has called nearly every preseason and regular season game in franchise history, as well as the club’s 2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs series against Detroit. The team will recognize Matthews’ milestone with a pre-game ceremony at Nationwide Arena on Tuesday, February 26 when the club returns home to host the Dallas Stars.
· For the seventh consecutive year, Columbus Blue Jackets players and their wives/girlfriends, along with local pediatric cancer heroes, will model the latest fashions in a charity style show to raise funds to support the fight against pediatric cancer. This year’s Black Tie Blue Jackets Style Show, presented by Kelly BMW and Capital Style, is set for Wednesday, February 27 and will be staged once again on center ice at Nationwide Arena. The event will celebrate 10 local cancer patients this year, ranging in age between four and 16 years old. For more information, visit www.bluejacketsfoundation.org.
- Blue Jackets C Brandon Dubinsky and D John Moore will be meeting fans and signing autographs at the Columbus Dispatch Home & Garden Show on Saturday from 5 to 6 p.m. The CBJ pair will be signing on the event’s main stage. The event will be held at the Ohio Expo Center on the Ohio State Fairgrounds, located at 717 East 17th Ave.
· SUNDAY, MARCH 3 VS. COLORADO AVALANCHE - DISPATCH FAMILY VALUE PACK: This package is available for Saturday and Sunday games starting at $25 per person and includes one AEP Power Level (upper bowl) ticket, one hot dog, one Pepsi, one popcorn, and one OhioHealth Ice Haus skate pass. A lower bowl package is available for $59 per person.
· Huntington Green Seats: A minimum of 250 tickets are available for just $10 at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena two hours prior to every home game.
· Papa John’s Rush CBJ student tickets: While supplies last, college and high school students can purchase tickets for $15 (AEP Power Level) and $25 (Lower Level) at the Big Lots Box Office beginning one hour prior to all home games or online most game days at 12 p.m. at www.BlueJackets.com/Rush. Limit two per person with valid student I.D.
· Military Appreciation Offer – Active members of the armed services may present current military identification at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena to redeem a pair of complimentary tickets for any game this season.
· Fans that enroll with AEP Energy for electricity savings at www.aepretailenergy.com/
· FOX Sports Ohio and Columbia Gas will send one lucky fan and a guest on the road with the Blue Jackets. Fans are invited to enter the Anaheim Adventure Sweepstakes presented by Columbia Gas by watching Jackets games on FOX Sports Ohio and looking for a keyword to enter at www.BlueJackets.com/
· During the current season, fans can enter to win 20 tickets to one of the following Blue Jackets home games – Feb. 26 vs. DAL, Mar. 5 vs. EDM, Mar. 19 vs. NSH, Apr. 7 vs. MIN and Apr. 27 vs. NSH – and can score a free Papa John’s Pizza Party at their office. Contest entry can be found at www.BlueJackets.com/
· Nationwide Insurance will award a lucky sweepstakes winner a special VIP Game Experience at one of the following Blue Jackets remaining home games – Mar. 14 vs. CHI, Mar. 19 vs. NSH or Apr. 12 vs. STL. The winner will receive tickets in the Nationwide Fan Lounge, $25 food/beverage voucher, $50 FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line gift card and a variety of special, behind-the-scenes experiences. Entry can be found at www.bluejackets.com/
· FOX Sports Ohio: Game night coverage includes the BLUE JACKETS LIVE pre- (begins 30 minutes prior to the start of each game) and post-game shows… BLUE JACKETS SLAP SHOTS gives fans an up close look at the club, its players, coaches and personalities on and off the ice and airs each Monday at 6 p.m.
· 97.1 The Fan: SUNDAY MORNING SKATE can be heard on the Columbus Blue Jackets Radio Network and Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan on Sundays from 10 to 11 a.m… THE COACH’S SHOW with Todd Richards airs on Wednesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. (time and day subject to change).
· Single Game: Tickets starting at $26 are on sale at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena, FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line Team Store at the Mall at Tuttle Crossing and OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks (Easton, Dublin, North) and all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at (800) 745-3000 or online at www.BlueJackets.com and www.Ticketmaster.com.· Season & Group Tickets: For information on full and partial season ticket plans starting at $15 per game and group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS or visit www.BlueJackets.com.