CBJ Weekly Report: Mar. 4
Blue Jackets host Oilers and Canucks, take on Red Wings in a home-and-home series this week
Tuesday, Mar. 5 vs. EDMONTON OILERS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, 7 p.m. - FOX Sports Ohio/CD 102.5 FM
Mar. 3: Colorado 1 at Columbus 2, OT (Prospal: PPG; Anisimov: GWG, 5 SOG; Johansen: 12 FOW, 2 takeaways; MacKenzie: 5 hits; Tyutin: A, 29:10 TOI; Bobrovsky: 18 saves)
Mar. 1: Columbus 3 at Chicago 4, OT (Johansen: G, 4 SOG; Prospal: G, 5 SOG; Anisimov: G, 12 FOW; Prout: 4 blocked shots; Foligno: A, +1 rating; Umberger: A, +1 rating; Mason: 31 saves)
Feb. 26: Dallas 5 at Columbus 4, OT (Letestu: 2A, 10 FOW; Foligno: 2A, 2 takeaways; Nikitin: G, 2 blocked shots; Atkinson: G, +2 rating; MacKenzie: 4 hits; Bobrovsky: 34 saves)
This Season: Second of three meetings… The Oilers earned a 3-1 road win on Feb. 10 despite being outshot 40-14… Next game is Mar. 28 at Rexall Place.
CBJ Record All-Time Series: 14-23-7 (8-10-4 at home)… The Jackets won their last home game vs. Vancouver, earning a 2-1 shootout victory over the Presidents’ Trophy winners on Dec. 13, 2011.
This Season: Fourth and fifth of five meetings… The Jackets have won their last two games vs. the Wings (3-2 at Joe Louis Arena on Feb. 21 and 4-2 at Nationwide Arena on Feb. 2) after earning a point in a 4-3 home SOL on Jan. 21.
- Columbus has played seven-straight games decided by one goal (2-3-2) and has points in three-straight (1-0-2).
- Columbus has the fewest giveaways of any team in the NHL (86, 24 fewer than 2nd place St. Louis).
- Columbus currently leads the Western Conference in fighting majors (23) and PIM (335).
- Columbus currently leads the Western Conference in total team hits (553).
- Columbus is T-3rd in the Western Conference in come-from-behind victories (5).
- Columbus has been perfect on the penalty kill for six-straight games and now ranks 8th in the NHL in PK efficiency (84.6 pct.).
- D Fedor Tyutin has 0-6-6 in his last six home games. He is currently T-7th among all NHL defensemen in assists (11) and T-15th in points (12). He is two points shy of the club record for points by a defenseman (Rostislav Klesla, 133).
- LW Nick Foligno and C Mark Letestu have both tallied 0-4-4 in their last three appearances.
- RW Jared Boll is currently T-1st in the NHL in fighting majors (8) and ranks 2nd in PIM (74).
- C Artem Anisimov leads all Russian-born NHL players with five even-strength goals this season.
- C Ryan Johansen has won 50 of his 84 face-off attempts at Nationwide Arena (60%) thus far in 2012-13.
· THURSDAY, MAR. 7 vs. VANCOUVER CANUCKS – TIM HORTONS JACKETS PACK: This package is available for Thursday and Friday games starting at $30 per person and includes one ticket, a Blue Jackets hat, a $10 food voucher, a Tim Hortons travel mug and a 10-pack of Timbits. The first 13,000 fans in attendance for this game will also receive a free Blue Jackets workout towel courtesy of OhioHealth.
· SATURDAY, MAR. 9 vs. DETROIT RED WINGS – DISPATCH FAMILY VALUE PACK: This package is available for Saturday and Sunday games starting at $25 per person and includes one AEP Power Level (upper bowl) ticket, one hot dog, one Pepsi, one popcorn, and one OhioHealth Ice Haus skate pass. A lower bowl package is available for $59 per person.
· Huntington Green Seats: A minimum of 250 tickets are available for just $10 at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena two hours prior to every home game.
· Papa John’s Rush CBJ student tickets: While supplies last, college and high school students can purchase tickets for $15 (AEP Power Level) and $25 (Lower Level) at the Big Lots Box Office beginning one hour prior to all home games or online most game days at 12 p.m. at www.BlueJackets.com/Rush. Limit two per person with valid student I.D.
· Military Appreciation Offer – Active members of the armed services may present current military identification at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena to redeem a pair of complimentary tickets for any game this season.
· Fans that enroll with AEP Energy for electricity savings at www.aepretailenergy.com/
Blue Jackets can vote now for a new hockey-themed pizza to be featured at Papa John’s Central Ohio locations through the end of the season. Fans who vote for their favorite at www.BlueJackets.com/
- The Stinger: jalapenos, pepperoni, spicy Italian sausage and cheese
- The Puckeroni: double portion of pepperoni and cheese
- The Battle Burger: beef, bacon, onions and cheese
- The Chicken Cordon Bleu Jacket: Spinach Alfredo sauce, chicken, Canadian bacon, onions and cheese
· During the current season, fans can enter to win 20 tickets to one of the following Blue Jackets home games – Mar. 5 vs. EDM, Mar. 19 vs. NSH, Apr. 7 vs. MIN and Apr. 27 vs. NSH – and can score a free Papa John’s Pizza Party at their office. Contest entry can be found at www.BlueJackets.com/
· Nationwide Insurance will award a lucky sweepstakes winner a special VIP Game Experience at one of the following Blue Jackets remaining home games – Mar. 14 vs. CHI, Mar. 19 vs. NSH or Apr. 12 vs. STL. The winner will receive tickets in the Nationwide Fan Lounge, $25 food/beverage voucher, $50 FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line gift card and a variety of special, behind-the-scenes experiences. Entry can be found at www.bluejackets.com/
Fans who place a carry out order from a local participating Bob Evans Restaurant have the chance to enter the Bob Evans Carry Out Sweepstakes to win four tickets to a Blue Jackets game and watch pre-game warm-ups from the Bob Evans Carry Out Penalty Box. Ten fans and each entrant will also receive a bounce-back coupon from Bob Evans to use on a future carry out order. For more information, visit www.BlueJackets.com/
The Blue Jackets and Verizon have teamed up to give 12 lucky fans the chance to win two Party Tower tickets (includes food and beverage) to the March 22 game vs. the Calgary Flames, a James Wisniewski jersey and the opportunity to meet the Jackets defenseman after the game. Entry can be found at www.verizoninsider.com/
· FOX Sports Ohio: Game night coverage includes the BLUE JACKETS LIVE pre- (begins 30 minutes prior to the start of each game) and post-game shows… BLUE JACKETS SLAP SHOTS gives fans an up close look at the club, its players, coaches and personalities on and off the ice and airs each Monday at 6 p.m.
· 97.1 The Fan: SUNDAY MORNING SKATE can be heard on the Columbus Blue Jackets Radio Network and Sports Radio 97.1 The Fan on Sundays from 10 to 11 a.m… THE COACH’S SHOW with Todd Richards airs on Wednesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. (time and day subject to change).
· Single Game: Tickets starting at $26 are on sale at the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena, FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line Team Store at the Mall at Tuttle Crossing and OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks (Easton, Dublin, North) and all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers, by phone at (800) 745-3000 or online at www.BlueJackets.com and www.Ticketmaster.com.· Season & Group Tickets: For information on full and partial season ticket plans starting at $15 per game and group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS or visit www.BlueJackets.com.