#CBJ Community Spotlight: June 28
Our weekly spin around the #CBJ blogosphere!
EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Welcome to the fourth weekly edition of the Community Spotlight on BlueJackets.com. Since the last time we met in this space, the Stanley Cup Final come to a thrilling conclusion (congrats to Chicago on a fantastic season - but bye bye, Central Division) and thus, the 2012-13 NHL season's book closed. It was a blast, and thanks to everyone who interacted with us on social media and followed the coverage on the website and beyond. We're anxiously awaiting training camp in September.
Also: thanks to everyone who has made our summer events so much fun, including Front Street Fridays, the #Bob4Vezina viewing party and this weekend, the NHL Draft Party at Nationwide Arena. Should be a lot of fun, and we'll toss out the details below.
Here goes my weekly disclaimer: my blog feed isn't always 100 percent reliable and some things fall through the cracks. We'll make this bigger and better with each passing week, taking a look at what our most active fans are talking about on social media. Don't be shy about telling me if I've missed something; if we don't catch it this week, send me a tweet and it'll be in our next edition.
So, what's been going on in the Blue Jackets community? Here we go...
CANNONFEST IV IS ON!
2013 DRAFT PARTY
The Blue Jackets are hosting their annual draft party on Sunday, June 30 beginning at 2:30 p.m. on the floor of Nationwide Arena. A late addition to the party is the Vezina Trophy, which will be available during the event for fan photos and general staring at the beautiful-ness that is the trophy. For a full rundown of what to expect at this year's draft party, check out the itinerary right here. Boone Jenner, Jared Boll and Jack Johnson will be on-hand throughout the day to sign autographs and meet with fans. In other words, you really don't want to miss this party.
Matt Wagner of SB Nation's The Cannon blog delivers the good news: CannonFest will return for a fourth installment this summer. The popular fan party is back again - but due to high demand, it's moving to an all-new location! Get the details here.
And now, for our weekly dose of links from the Blue Jackets online community:
- Gallos from the Dark Blue Jacket opines on a number of CBJ-related topics, ranging from Sergei Bobrovsky to Jarmo Kekalainen, the NHL Draft and more.
- The DKM Hockey crew has recorded and uploaded their latest podcast! Episode 16 has dropped, and you can listen at this link or download it on iTunes.
- Dan Parker from SB Nation's Cannon blog takes a closer look at Artem Anisimov's new three-year contract extension and where the Blue Jackets go from here in the offseason.
- More on Anisimov from another Dan: Canadan from The Union Blue recaps the Anisimov extension in this blog post.
- Mark Huss from Union & Blue offers his take on the NHL Draft, and predicts who-goes-where on Sunday afternoon.