Community Spotlight: Aug. 23
EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday, friends. I don't know about you, but I can't stop beaming when thinking about last weekend's Cannonfest. It was such a great afternoon, and a celebration of everything that makes this fan base so awesome. I've also watched both of Skraut's videos approximately 300 times in the week since, too...but I suppose that's normal, right?
It's getting to feel more and more like hockey season every day. We had Cannonfest last weekend, there are more players arriving in town each week, and preseason tickets go on sale TODAY. That almost seems surreal, and if that's not exciting enough, think that we're three weeks away from preseason action.
The weekly disclaimer: we're here - as we are each Friday morning - to recap the latest and greatest content from the Blue Jackets online community. The blogs, fan sites, Twittersphere, and more - it's full coverage from Blue Jackets fans all under one roof.
And now, for this week's links from around the Blue Jackets online community...
- There was a ton of content coming out of Cannonfest, including videos, photo galleries, tweets, and recaps. The most comprehensive may have come from Matt Wagner of SB Nation's Cannon blog, and you'll want to check it out.
- Oh, and one from the the tUB team: The Coach checks in with some random ruminations on advanced statistics and other CBJ-related topics.
- Good stuff from Union & Blue this week, including Mike Majeski's recap of Cannonfest and Mark Huss asking "who's the Blue Jackets' forward?"
- Alison Lukan from FOX Sports Ohio offers her thoughts on the fourth annual Cannonfest, and has an exclusive chat with Jarmo Kekalainen about his surprise appearance at the event. Have a read.
- Also from our friends at FOX Sports Ohio, Rick Gethin goes one-on-one with Blue Jackets president of hockey operations John Davidson, who's as ready as anyone to get this season started.