Community Spotlight: Sep. 20
EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday, everyone!
We've already played four preseason games, and the second week of training camp begins today. Man, time rips by when you're counting down toward the NHL regular season. Or something like that. The Blue Jackets' camp roster is down to 33 players with two weeks to go until the season opens against the Calgary Flames at Nationwide Arena.
And as one would expect, there has been a ton of great content from the Blue Jackets online community. That's why we're here every Friday morning: to recap what the great hockey fans in this city are talking about.
Ok, let's get right to the links:
- SB Nation's Cannon blog has a great piece on the importance of the upcoming season for young center Ryan Johansen. You can check that out here.
- Also from The Cannon: a look at the progression of Blue Jackets prospect Ryan Murray, who has turned a few heads at training camp.
- The Union & Blue team at FanSided gives you six reasons why the Blue Jackets will make the playoffs this season. Also, a friendly debate is going over the (potential) playing time of two NHL rookies.
- Rick Gethin from FOX Sports Ohio also wrote about Ryan Murray and his journey to hopefully becoming an NHL defenseman this coming season.
- Alison Lukan from FOX Sports Ohio goes in-depth and looks at how the Blue Jackets took their summer conditioning program to another level, and began intense preparation for the 2013-14 season.