Community Spotlight: Dec. 5
EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday, everyone!
It has definitely been a busy week in Blue Jackets land, beginning with the 1-0 victory on Tuesday night and then, the unfortunate news of Sergei Bobrovsky's injury on Wednesday. With today being a game day - and an important one against the Minnesota Wild to begin the (interim) Curtis McElhinney chapter - there is definitely a buzz in the Blue Jackets blogosphere and there has been plenty of conversation about a variety of topics.
Therefore, it's in my best interest to keep this introductory part short and cut to the chase. Here are the featured links for the latest edition of our Community Spotlight.
- Jeff Little from The Cannon (SB Nation) offers his thoughts on "life without Bob" and analyzes how the Blue Jackets might fare in his absence.
- More from The Cannon, and here it's Matt Wagner discussing a "heavy price paid" for the Jackets' 1-0 victory over the Lightning on Tuesday night.
- Our guy CBJ Prospects breaks down the blockbuster Kerby Rychel-to-Guelph trade in the OHL and the potential implications it may have on this year's Memorial Cup.
- Welcome Greg May to the Union Blue team! His debut post? Well, you'll just have to read to find out. Click here.
- Dan Kamal from FOXSportsOhio.com discusses the opportunity presented to McElhinney, and how the veteran netminder might handle the No. 1 job.
- Here is the Thursday edition on Cannon Balls from our friends at Union & Blue. Want to catch up on all the latest news and notes from around the CBJ and hockey realms? This is a post you'll want to bookmark.
See you next Friday - same time, same place!