Community Spotlight: Dec. 12
EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Thursday and soon-to-be Friday, everyone!
It's certainly been a fun and exciting week with three games already and, as this edition of the Community Spotlight gets published, another in progress at Madison Square Garden in New York. Who knew just a normal regular-season game against the Rangers would have the attention of so many people? I'm kidding, obviously, and there's no doubt that several players on both sides have really been looking forward to Thursday's game.
With that being said, there was a ton of conversation about it in the CBJ community. Rick Nash's first game against the Blue Jackets, Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov returning to MSG...and it doesn't stop there.
Here are the featured links for the latest edition of our Community Spotlight...
- The Coach from The Union Blue offers his strong take on the Blue Jackets' captaincy issue, and you'll definitely want to give it a read.
- From The Cannon, Dan P. writes about the anticipated "homecoming" in New York City and how it's far more than just a collection of old friends...there's divisional seedings on the line.
- Our guy CBJ Prospects provides a lengthy (but awesome) update on Blue Jackets prospects playing all over the globe. His latest installment brings you up to speed on the team's European prospects.
- Cool feature here from Ville, who contributed a story on Alexander Wennberg's development over at The Cannon.
- Alison Lukan from FOXSportsOhio.com brings us this story on the strong women behind the Blue Jackets: the Lady Jackets and their quiet-but-passionate involvement in our community.
- The team from Union & Blue wants to hear your opinion on the Blue Jackets' goaltending situation: should they continue to roll with Curtis McElhinney, or does Mike McKenna deserve a start? Let your voice be heard.
See you next Friday - same time, same place!