Community Spotlight: Dec. 27
EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday and again, a happy game day to you!
Hopefully everyone reading out there on the interwebs had a fantastic Christmas and holiday with family and friends. It also helped that the Blue Jackets went into the Christmas break with one of their more memorable come-from-behind victories in recent memory - not going to lie there. What a game and what a win in Raleigh for the Blue Jackets, who desperately needed those points to stay in the Metro Division race.
As you'd expect, that game sparked a ton of conversation on social media and in the #CBJ blogosphere. And with the World Junior starting up this week, that only adds to the hockey conversation as the winter gets into full swing.
We're talking about Friday's game in New Jersey, holiday-related topics, injury troubles and much more...and YOU, the passionate Blue Jackets fan community, created all the content in this week's Community Spotlight.
Let's have a look at what was discussed this week...
- Because it's World Junior time - one of the best times of the hockey year - we'll kick off the links with CBJ Prospects' latest "week in review," talking Springfield, the WJC and more. Click and read here.
- From the staff at The Union Blue, here's their "3 Stars" of the Carolina win and Rockman Halo's famed "game in one picture" feature.
- Jeff Little is at it again: he penned a tremendous in-depth and statistical analysis of shooting predictors and how shot selection factors into consistent offensive success.
- If you're a Blue Jackets fan, you know all about injuries and how they can affect a team...but Matt Wagner from SB Nation's Cannon blog breaks down injuries on the whole in the NHL.
- Dan Kamal from FOXSportsOhio.com wrote this piece on Jack Johnson and how he's rebounded from a slow start to help lead the charge of late for the Blue Jackets.
- And another from Kamal, one you could consider nothing if not timely after Jack Skille's game-winner in Raleigh: a story on how, despite being called up and sent back and in/out of the Jackets' lineup, Skille is improving his game and making a case to stick around.
- From Lindsay Wilson, one of the editors at Union & Blue: a look at the Blue Jackets' wide array of statistics, from offense to defense to goaltending an even a look at the team's upcoming opponents.
See you next Friday - same time, same place!