Community Spotlight: Jan. 24
EDITOR'S NOTE: This is our weekly look around the #CBJ community to see what's being talked about, debated, and highlighted by the greatest fans in the National Hockey League. Have a suggestion or submission for next week's edition? Hit up @RobMixer on Twitter and let him know.
Happy Friday, everyone!
It has been a busy, fun and exciting week in Blue Jackets land and oh, what would we ever be talking about? The red-hot Blue Jackets have just set a franchise record with their seventh straight win (a 5-3 triumph over Los Angeles) and still have a handful of home games left before the NHL breaks for the Olympics.
We've seen local and national attention of late with the Blue Jackets playing well, but some of the best coverage has come from inside the fan community. To those who follow this team closely, that's not much of a surprise. We've compiled the best links from the #CBJ realm, just as we do each Friday.
Here are this week's links...
- Some great perspective and analysis here from Greg May at The Union Blue, as he reflects on what the Jackets' 1,000th game means to him.
- From our guy CBJ Prospects, here's the latest prospects report breaking down how the kids are doing around the world.
- Here's another great spotlight of the 1,000th game in franchise history from Dan P. at The Cannon (SB Nation). You'll want to read this.
- From Andy Newman at The Cannon, he presents "The Curious Case of Marian Gaborik."
- One of our favorite weekly features is the Ohio Hockey Roundup from the staff at Union & Blue...senior editor Mike Majeski brings you up-to-date on Buckeye State puck.
- Alison Lukan of FOXSportsOhio.com writes on "the language of hockey" driving the Blue Jackets during their win streak.
See you next Friday - same time, same place!