To participate in the 50/50 Raffle Program, an organization must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a charitable organization under s. 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be a charitable organization with a primary focus in line with the Blue Jackets Foundation's charitable giving areas: pediatric cancer, youth hockey development, and children’s safety in sport.
- Provide 30 volunteers (over 18 years old) on assigned 50/50 Raffle game night.
- Have a history of excellence in regards to performance and volunteer cooperation if a charitable organization is a returning organization.
- Attend the pre-season 50/50 Raffle Program meeting (doors will lock at meeting time). This meeting is mandatory.
Each selected charity must sign a participation agreement with the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation at the time of selection. In addition, the Executive Director/President or Volunteer Coordinator of all selected charities will be required to attend an information session prior to the season. This attendance is mandatory. Charities will be disqualified if they are late or do not attend this meeting. Details are made available to charities upon selection.
Please Note the Following:
- All volunteers must be over 18 years old.
- Volunteers must arrive 2.5 hours prior to the start of the game and will be expected to work for approximately 6 hours.
- Volunteer duties include selling tickets, counting cash and handling tickets. More details will be provided if your charity is selected to participate.
- Organization is required to coordinate volunteer schedules including completed paperwork, attendance at training session and at scheduled raffle game date(s). Discounted parking may be provided by the Columbus Blue Jackets.
The 50/50 Application is Friday, August 15, 2015 at 5pm.
If you have questions, please email Alison Pegg at 5050Raffle@bluejackets.com
- To raise funds through Blue Jackets Group Tickets please contact call or 614.246.3735.
- Non-profits can also work Nationwide Arena Concession Stands. Please contact Tammy Wissinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 614.246.3686.