50/50 Raffle Guidelines:
During each Columbus Blue Jackets home game, the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation conducts the 50/50 raffle. Fifty percent of the proceeds go to one lucky winner while the other fifty percent benefits the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation and the participating organization of the night.
How the raffle works:
- Tickets are sold at 50/50 raffle kiosks on the main concourse and from roaming sellers in aprons.
- Tickets are sold from the time gates open until the end of the 2nd intermission.
- The winning ticket is chosen during the 3rd period and announced in game and on Twitter via @CBJFoundation.
- The winner has 30 days to claim the winning amount.
To participate in the 50/50 Raffle Program, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a charitable organization under s. 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be a charitable organization with a primary focus in line with the Blue Jackets Foundation’s charitable giving areas: pediatric cancer, health and safety, education or youth hockey.
- Must be able to provide 30 volunteers (over 18 years old) on assigned 50/50 Raffle game night.
If an organization meets the requirements above, they must fill out the application to be considered as a raffle partner.
Please note the following before applying:
- Each selected charity must sign a participation agreement at the time of selection.
- A representative from each selected charity (Executive Director, Volunteer Coordinator, etc.) must attend an information session prior to the season. This attendance is mandatory and charities will be disqualified if they do not attend. Details will follow upon selection.
- All volunteers must be over 18 years old.
- Volunteers must arrive 2.5 hours prior to the start of the game and will be expected to work for approximately 6 hours.
- Volunteer duties include selling tickets, counting cash and handling tickets. More details will be provided if your charity is selected to participate.
- Organizations are required to coordinate volunteer schedules including completed paperwork, attendance at training session and at scheduled raffle game date(s).
- Organizations that fail to provide the required 30 volunteers will not receive the full 25% of the raffle proceeds and will no longer be able to participate in the 50/50 raffle program.
If you have questions, please email Darla Owens at 5050Raffle@bluejackets.com
- To raise funds through Blue Jackets Group Tickets please contact call or 614.246.3735.
- Non-profits can also work Nationwide Arena Concession Stands. Please contact Tammy Wissinger at email@example.com or at 614.246.3686.