The Columbus Blue Jackets Book Jackets program is a reading incentive program that uses the excitement of the Columbus Blue Jackets to encourage students in grades K-8 to spend more time reading.
The program is easy to implement and helps your students become All-Star Readers by providing great Blue Jackets incentives to reach reading goals. Book Jackets can be run over a four-week period from October 1, 2016 – February 13, 2017.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- Register your classroom below. After registering, you will be mailed a welcome packet which includes the following:
- Classroom minute tracking poster
- Student scorecards
- Letter for your student’s parents/guardians about the program
- Your students’ parents/guardians will help keep track of minutes read outside the classroom that will be reported back to teachers weekly.
- At the end of the four weeks, teachers will submit classroom forms onto this website and wait for prizes to be sent out within four weeks of submission.
Additional resources are available, including extra welcome packet contents, certificates of achievement, and hockey themed book suggestions courtesy of the Columbus Metropolitan Library.
Participating students will have the opportunity to earn a Book Jackets folder, Columbus Blue Jackets mini notebook, CBJ sunglasses, a chance to skate at Nationwide Arena, and more!
Each participating classroom is also entered to win a visit from Stinger and can compete for a class field trip courtesy of the Blue Jackets.
For any questions about the Book Jackets program, please contact Maggie Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org