Nationwide Arena Security Policy
In response to the need for heightened security procedures, Nationwide Arena has implemented the following policies to ensure a safe, enjoyable event experience for all guests.
All Guests are Subject to Search
All jackets and bags will be searched upon entry. While backpacks are prohibited, purses, diaper bags and other personal bags larger than 14”x8”x14” will be directed to a separate line for a more thorough search. Guests in this line are asked to be prepared to possibly take items out of their bags. All other bags or purses smaller than 14”x8”x14” will be allowed in through the normal gates and subject to the standard bag search procedures.
Guests may not bring the following items into Nationwide Arena:
- Any food or beverage
- Video cameras or audio recording devices
- Cans, bottles, coolers or any similar containers
- Laser pens or laser products of any type
- Laptops and computer bags
- Air horns or noise makers of any type
- Sticks that are longer than 2 ½’ long and more than ½” wide are not permitted at Blue Jackets games; no sticks of any kind are permitted at all other arena events
- Alcohol of any type
- Weapons of any type including licensed concealed carry weapons, knives, mace, etc.
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by Nationwide Arena management.
In the event that items are revealed during a search, the guest will be permitted to return to their vehicle with the item or the item will be confiscated. Nationwide Arena will not safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type. Nationwide Arena management has the sole right to determine the type of pre-event screening.
Nationwide Arena management reserves the right to make the final determination on prohibited items. In the event that prohibited items are revealed in a search, items will be confiscated or guests may return them to their cars before re-entering the building.
Due to the fact that these security measures may cause slight delays, fans are encouraged to arrive early to allow adequate time to enter the building.
Thank you for your cooperation.