Nationwide Arena Security Policy
In response to the need for heightened security procedures, Nationwide Arena has implemented the following policies to ensure a safe, enjoyable event experience for all guests.
All Guests are Subject to Search
All jackets and bags will be searched upon entry. While backpacks are prohibited, purses, diaper bags and other personal bags larger than 14”x8”x14” will be directed to a separate line for a more thorough search. Guests in this line are asked to be prepared to possibly take items out of their bags. All other bags or purses smaller than 14”x8”x14” will be allowed in through the normal gates and subject to the standard bag search procedures.
In the event that prohibited items are revealed during a search, the guest will be permitted to return to their vehicle with the item or the item will be confiscated and destroyed. Nationwide Arena will not safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type. Nationwide Arena management has the sole right to determine the type of pre-event screening.
NHL Game Search Procedures and Conduct
In addition to all normal building search procedures and prohibited items, all guests coming to Columbus Blue Jackets games will be asked to comply with NHL security requirements, including asking all guests to remove their hat, empty all metal from pockets and present to security, and be subject to wanding by building security staff. If anyone refuses these search procedures, they may be denied entry into the venue.
All fans are also required to follow the NHL Fan Code of Conduct. Click here to read the Code in its entirety. Failure to comply with the NHL Fan Code of Conduct can be denied access and/or removed from the venue.
Guests may not bring the following items into Nationwide Arena:
- Any food or beverage including alcohol and palcohol
- Should you need to bring food in to an event for medical reasons, please call 614.246.3872 or email email@example.com to request a food permission slip ahead of time.
- Video cameras or audio recording devices
- Cans, bottles, coolers or any similar containers
- Laser pens or laser products of any type
- Backpacks, oversize bags, duffel bags, luggage, coolers, computer & camera bags
- Air horns or noise makers of any type
- Alcohol of any type
- Any sealed, wrapped gifts (for employees, athletes, or performers)
- Blue Jackets Events: Sticks that are longer than 2 ½’ long and more than ½” wide are not permitted at Blue Jackets games; no sticks of any kind are permitted at all other arena events
- Any poster/sign larger than 22”x28”
- No signs, posters or messages on any garment with explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization directed toward any person
- Golf style umbrellas and/or umbrellas with a pointed tip are not permitted. Small, collapsible umbrellas that can fit into a purse or hand bag are permitted.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited, including e-cigarettes
- Weapons of any type including licensed concealed carry weapons, knives, mace, etc.
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by Nationwide Arena management.
In the event that items are revealed during a search, the guest will be permitted to return to their vehicle with the item or the item will be confiscated. Nationwide Arena will not safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type. Nationwide Arena management has the sole right to determine the type of pre-event screening.
• Blue Jackets Events: All camera types, including professional cameras with detachable lenses are permitted. No video cameras.
• Special Events/Concerts: For most special events, cameras with detachable lenses are not permitted but small point and shoot cameras are typically allowed. No video recording devies are permitted. Special events determine their exact camera policy - please call 614.246.3872 one week prior to the show to get the specific information for an upcoming show.
Nationwide Arena management reserves the right to make the final determination on prohibited items. In the event that prohibited items are revealed in a search, items will be confiscated or guests may return them to their cars before re-entering the building.
Due to the fact that these security measures may cause slight delays, fans are encouraged to arrive early to allow adequate time to enter the building.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Will Call Policy-
Tickets may be picked up at the Will Call window of the Big Lots Box Office located at the corner of Nationwide Blvd. and John H. McConnell Blvd. Photo identification is required to pick up tickets.
Children's Ticket Policy-
Policy is determined based on each event. To check a specific event please call the Nationwide Arena Box Office at 614-246-2000. For Columbus Blue Jackets games children ages 2 and over are required to have a ticket for admission.
Lost or Stolen Ticket Policy-
Lost tickets will not be replaced by Nationwide Arena.
If tickets are stolen, guests must provide proof of purchase and a police report to the Big Lots Box Office at Nationwide Arena, then new tickets will be printed.
The resale of tickets for any event at Nationwide Arena is prohibited with the exception of Columbus Blue Jackets tickets via www.columbusbluejackets.com/ticketexchange.