BLUE JACKETS SEASON TICKETHOLDERS SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. Eligibility. The Blue Jackets Season Ticketholders Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., who are renewing Columbus Blue Jackets season ticketholders and/or who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (each, an “Eligible Entrant” and collectively, “Eligible Entrants”). Employees of the Columbus Blue Jackets, the National Hockey League, Nationwide Arena, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, promotion, fulfillment, and advertising agencies, contractors and any and all other entities engaged in the development, production or distribution of promotion materials for this Sweepstakes and the immediate family members (parents, spouse, child/ren and sibling(s)) and household members of the employees of each of the above, are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation.
2. How to Enter. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. The Sweepstakes Entry Period begins immediately and ends April 19, 2013.
There are two (2) ways to enter:
(a) simply renew your Quarter Season (11-Game), Half Season (22-Game) or Full Season Ticket package for the 2013-2014 Season during the Entry Period. Under this method, before an Eligible Entrant is eligible to win, such Season Ticket package must be: Paid in Full – pay the entire balance due by April 19, 2013; OR the Spring Automatic Payment Plan: pay 25% by April 19, 2013 and then the balance by May 31, 2013; OR Summer Automatic Payment Plan: pay 25% by April 19, 2013, then pay the balance in two (2) equal payments on June 20, 2013 and July 31, 2013; OR 12-Month Interest-Free Installment Payment Plan: pay 1/12 by March 31, 2013, and then pay the balance over 11 months, interest-free, starting April 20, 2013.
(b) any Eligible Entrant can enter the Sweepstakes without purchase by visiting the Columbus Blue Jackets' business offices during normal business hours, i.e., from 9:00 A.M. until 4:30 P.M., Eastern Time, every Monday through Friday during the Entry Period, and fully completing and submitting an entry form. Upon arriving at Nationwide Arena, please obtain an entry form from the Blue Jackets’ office receptionist. The Columbus Blue Jackets is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. The Columbus Blue Jackets reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his or her Sweepstakes entry) who tampers with the entry process.
No other form of entry will be accepted.
3. Drawing from Entries. On or about each day during the period beginning March 22, 2013 and ending on April 19, 2013 (each, a “Drawing Date” and collectively, the “Drawing Dates”), the Columbus Blue Jackets shall randomly select a predetermined number of potential Prize Winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) from among all eligible entries received as of the applicable Drawing Date. Eligible Entrants selected to win a Prize shall not be eligible for drawings for subsequent Prizes. Entries not selected shall remain eligible for subsequent drawings.
The Columbus Blue Jackets shall make up to two (2) attempts to contact each potential Winner by telephone (the “Prize Notification”). In the event that any potential Winner does not respond to any such Prize Notification within forty-eight (48) hours of the time of issuance, at the Columbus Blue Jackets’ sole and absolute discretion a disqualification may result, the Prize may be forfeited and , an alternate potential Winner may be randomly selected from the then-available list of Eligible Entrants for the drawing at issue.
4. Conditions. Each Winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form before accepting her/his Prize.
Payments of any and all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Winners. Where applicable, each Winner shall be required to complete and sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
By participating, each Winner agrees to have his/her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the Prize.
Failure of a Winner to comply with any of the above conditions as required by the Columbus Blue Jackets, or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any Winner shall result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture and may result, at the Columbus Blue Jackets’ sole and absolute discretion, in the random selection of an alternate potential Winner from among all remaining Eligible Entrants for the drawing at issue.
5. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received as of the applicable Drawing Date.
6. Prizes. Up to six hundred and twenty (620) prizes (each, a “Prize and collectively, the “Prizes”) may be awarded over the course of the twenty-nine (29) Drawing Dates. A list of the Prizes to be awarded on each Drawing Date shall be available upon request. The Columbus Blue Jackets reserve the right to substitute any prize(s) of like value in the event that one or any portion of the described prizes are unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
7. Indemnification. By entering, each Eligible Entrant agrees to follow and be bound by these Official Rules and to hold absolutely harmless and fully indemnify and defend the Columbus Blue Jackets, Nationwide Arena and the National Hockey League and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of (a) Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes; and/or (b) Entrant’s receipt or use of any of the Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNER VOLUNTARILY ACCEPTS THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN WATCHING HOCKEY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FLYING PUCKS, BROKEN STICKS, HELMETS ETC.), INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, PARALYSIS AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND IN ANY PRIZE EVENT IS ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES, STIPULATES AND AGREES THAT THE COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS ARE AND SHALL NOT BE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING DAMAGES, INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
8. No Purchase. No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase chances of winning.
9. Information on Sweepstakes Winners. For a Winners’ list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Blue Jackets Season Ticketholders Sweepstakes” c/o Columbus Blue Jackets, 200 W. Nationwide Blvd., Columbus, OH 43215, or visit http://bluejackets.nhl.com. The Columbus Blue Jackets reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes.
10. Governing Law. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
SEASON TICKETHOLDER SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES
March 22: Team Plane Trip – (1) Trip for two includes travel for a 2013-14 road game on team plane, tickets and hotel.
March 23: 2013 Stanley Cup Final Trip – (1) Trip for two includes airfare, tickets & hotel for Games 1 & 2.
March 24: New York Road Trip - (1) Trip for two includes airfare, tickets and hotel for a CBJ vs. NYR road game at Madison Square Garden.
March 25: Boston Road Trip - (1) Trip for two includes airfare, tickets and hotel for a CBJ vs. Boston road game at TD Garden.
March 26: Game Worn Home Jersey - (23) Game worn Blue Jackets third jersey from the 2012-13 season.
March 27: Luxury Suite – (5) Twelve tickets and $500 food and beverage credit for a game.
March 28: 2013 NHL Draft Trip - (2) Trip for two includes airfare, tickets and hotel to the NHL Draft.
March 29: Seat Upgrade - (10) Two price category upgrade of your season tickets for the 2013-14 season*.
March 30: Autographed Team Stick - (50) Blue Jackets stick signed by the entire team.
March 31: Pittsburgh Penguins Road Trip – (1) Trip for two includes tickets, hotel and $100 gas card for a CBJ vs. Pittsburgh road game.
April 1: Double Your Season Tickets – (10) Double the number of season tickets for the 2013-14 season**.
April 2: Lunch with JD & Jarmo – (3) John Davidson and Jarmo Kekalainen take you to lunch.
April 3: Autographed Team Jersey – (25) Blue Jackets jersey signed by the entire team.
April 4: Game Worn Road Jersey – (23) Game worn Blue Jackets road jersey from the 2012-13 season.
April 5: Big Screen Television – (1) Win a 60” big screen television.
April 6: Lunch with Coach Richards – (3) Head Coach, Todd Richards takes you to lunch.
April 7: Luxury Suite – (5) Twelve tickets and $500 food and beverage credit for a concert.
April 8: $100 Gas Card – (25) $100 Gas Card compliments of Marathon.
April 9: Lunch with Jeff & Bill – (3) TV broadcasters Jeff Rimer and Bill Davidge take you to lunch.
April 10: $100 Rusty Bucket Gift Card – (20) $100 Gift Card compliments of Rusty Bucket Restaurant.
April 11: $100 Cameron Mitchell Gift Card – (15) $100 Gift Card compliments of Cameron Mitchell Restaurant.
April 12: $250 in FanBucks – (10) $250 in FanBucks redeemable at Nationwide Arena for food and beverage at Blue Jackets games.
April 13: 2014 NHL Winter Classic Trip – (2) Trip for two to Detroit includes tickets, hotel and $100 Gas Card.
April 14: Cincinnati Reds Tickets – (150) Four free tickets to a 2013 Cincinnati Reds Game.
April 15: Pizza For A Year – (5) Free Papa John’s Pizza for a year.
April 16: Cedar Point Tickets – (100) Four free tickets to Cedar Point.
April 17: $50 Buffalo Wild Wings Gift Card – (50) $50 Gift Card compliments of Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant.
April 18: Zoombezi Bay Tickets – (25) Two free tickets to Zoombezi Bay.
April 19: Special Player or Coach Delivery – (50) Your 2013-14 Season Tickets delivered by a Blue Jackets player or coach.
*The maximum number of seats that may be upgraded per account is 4 seats. The maximum number of additional Time Warner HD Lounge seats that may be awarded is 2 per account. Buffet is excluded. Due to limited inventory, glass seats and terrace tables are unavailable.
**The maximum number of additional tickets an account holder may receive is 4 seats. The maximum number of additional Time Warner HD Lounge seats that may be awarded is 2 per account. Buffet is excluded. Due to limited inventory, glass seats and terrace tables are unavailable. Glass seat and terrace table customers may elect to choose seats in another seating area.
NOTE: The number of each prize that will be awarded is noted in parenthesis.
Back to Renewal Home > > >