BLUE JACKETS SEASON TICKETHOLDERS SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. Eligibility. The Blue Jackets Season Ticketholders Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., who are renewing Columbus Blue Jackets season ticketholders and/or who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (each, an “Eligible Entrant” and collectively, “Eligible Entrants”). Employees of the Columbus Blue Jackets, the National Hockey League, Nationwide Arena, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, promotion, fulfillment, and advertising agencies, contractors and any and all other entities engaged in the development, production or distribution of promotion materials for this Sweepstakes and the immediate family members (parents, spouse, child/ren and sibling(s)) and household members of the employees of each of the above, are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation.
2. How to Enter. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. The Sweepstakes Entry Period begins immediately and ends March 31, 2014.
There are two (2) ways to enter:
(a) simply renew online at BlueJackets.com for your Quarter Season (10-Game), Half Season (20-Game) or Full Season Ticket package for the 2014-2015 Season during the Entry Period. Under this method, before an Eligible Entrant is eligible to win, such Season Ticket package must be: Paid in Full – pay the entire balance due by (a) simply renew online at BlueJackets.com for your Quarter Season (11-Game), Half Season (22-Game) or Full Season Ticket package for the 2014-2015 Season during the Entry Period. Under this method, before an Eligible Entrant is eligible to win, such Season Ticket package must be: Paid in Full – pay the entire balance due by March 31st, 2014; OR the Spring Automatic Payment Plan: pay 25% by March 31st, 2014 and then the balance by May 30, 2014; OR Summer Automatic Payment Plan: pay 25% by March 31st, then pay the balance in two (2) equal payments on June 30th, 2014 and July 31st, 2014; OR 12-Month Interest-Free Installment Payment Plan: pay 1/12 by March 31st, 2014, and then pay the balance over 11 months, interest-free, starting April 20th, 2014.
(b) any Eligible Entrant can enter the Sweepstakes without purchase by visiting the Columbus Blue Jackets' business offices during normal business hours, i.e., from 9:00 A.M. until 4:30 P.M., Eastern Time, every Monday through Friday during the Entry Period, and fully completing and submitting an entry form. Upon arriving at Nationwide Arena, please obtain an entry form from the Blue Jackets’ office receptionist. The Columbus Blue Jackets is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. The Columbus Blue Jackets reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his or her Sweepstakes entry) who tampers with the entry process.
No other form of entry will be accepted.
3. Drawing from Entries. On or about each day during the period beginning March 6, 2014 and ending on March 31, 2014 (each, a “Drawing Date” and collectively, the “Drawing Dates”), the Columbus Blue Jackets shall randomly select a predetermined number of potential Prize Winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) from among all eligible entries received as of the applicable Drawing Date. Eligible Entrants selected to win a Prize shall not be eligible for drawings for subsequent Prizes. Entries not selected shall remain eligible for subsequent drawings.
The Columbus Blue Jackets shall make up to two (2) attempts to contact each potential Winner by telephone (the “Prize Notification”). In the event that any potential Winner does not respond to any such Prize Notification within forty-eight (48) hours of the time of issuance, at the Columbus Blue Jackets’ sole and absolute discretion a disqualification may result, the Prize may be forfeited and, an alternate potential Winner may be randomly selected from the then-available list of Eligible Entrants for the drawing at issue.
4. Conditions. Each Winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form before accepting her/his Prize.
Payments of any and all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Winners. Where applicable, each Winner shall be required to complete and sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
By participating, each Winner agrees to have his/her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the Prize.
Failure of a Winner to comply with any of the above conditions as required by the Columbus Blue Jackets, or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any Winner shall result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture and may result, at the Columbus Blue Jackets’ sole and absolute discretion, in the random selection of an alternate potential Winner from among all remaining Eligible Entrants for the drawing at issue.
5. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received as of the applicable Drawing Date.
6. Prizes. Up to five hundred and sixty eight (568) prizes (each, a “Prize and collectively, the “Prizes”) may be awarded over the course of the twenty-six (26) Drawing Dates. A list of the Prizes to be awarded on each Drawing Date shall be available upon request. The Columbus Blue Jackets reserve the right to substitute any prize(s) of like value in the event that one or any portion of the described prizes are unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
7. Indemnification. By entering, each Eligible Entrant agrees to follow and be bound by these Official Rules and to hold absolutely harmless and fully indemnify and defend the Columbus Blue Jackets, Nationwide Arena and the National Hockey League and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of (a) Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes; and/or (b) Entrant’s receipt or use of any of the Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNER VOLUNTARILY ACCEPTS THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN WATCHING HOCKEY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FLYING PUCKS, BROKEN STICKS, HELMETS ETC.), INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, PARALYSIS AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND IN ANY PRIZE EVENT IS ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES, STIPULATES AND AGREES THAT THE COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS, NATIONWIDE ARENA, THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS ARE AND SHALL NOT BE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING DAMAGES, INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
8. No Purchase. No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase chances of winning.
9. Information on Sweepstakes Winners. For a Winners’ list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Blue Jackets Season Ticketholders Sweepstakes” c/o Columbus Blue Jackets, 200 W. Nationwide Blvd., Columbus, OH 43215, or visit http://bluejackets.nhl.com. The Columbus Blue Jackets reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes.
10. Governing Law. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
SEASON TICKETHOLDER SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES
March 6: Team Trip – (1) Trip for two includes travel for a 2014-15 road game on team plane, tickets and hotel.
March 7: 2014 Stanley Cup Final Trip – (1) Trip for two includes airfare, tickets & hotel for Games 1 & 2.
March 8: VIP NHL All-Star Experience – (5) Package includes two tickets to Player Draft, VIP Parties, Skills Competition & All Star Game.
March 9: New York Rangers Road Trip - (1) Trip for two includes airfare, tickets and hotel for a CBJ vs. NYR road game.
March 10: 2015 NHL Winter Classic Trip – (1) Trip for two includes tickets, airfare & hotel to Washington, D.C.
March 11: Game Worn Third Jersey – (23) Game worn Blue Jackets third jersey from the 2013-14 season.
March 12: NHL Awards Show Vegas Trip – (2) Trip for two to Las Vegas includes airfare, tickets & hotel.
March 13: Autographed Team Jersey (25) Blue Jackets jersey signed by the entire team.
March 14: Boston Bruins Road Trip - (1) Trip for two includes airfare, tickets and hotel for a CBJ vs. Boston road game.
March 15: NHL All-Star Game Fantasy Draft – (20) Tickets for two to the 2015 NHL All-Star Player Fantasy Draft.
March 16: Autographed Team Stick – (50) Blue Jackets stick signed by the entire team.
March 17: NHL All-Star Fan Fair – (50) Tickets for two to the 2015 NHL All-Star Fan Fair.
March 18: Lunch with JD & Jarmo – (4) John Davidson and Jarmo Kekalainen take you to lunch.
March 19: Game Worn Road Jersey – (23) Game worn Blue Jackets road jersey from the 2013-14 season.
March 20: $100 Marathon Gas Gift Card – (25) $100 Gas Card compliments of Marathon. March 21: Pittsburgh Penguins Road Trip – (1) Trip for two includes tickets, hotel and $100 gas card for a CBJ vs. Pittsburgh road game.
March 22: 2014 NHL Draft Trip - (1) Trip for two includes airfare, tickets and hotel to Philadelphia for the NHL Draft.
March 23: $100 Cameron Mitchell Gift Card – (25) $100 Gift Card compliments of Cameron Mitchell Restaurant.
March 24: Lunch with Jody & Bob – (4) Broadcasters Jody Shelley and Bob McElligott take you to lunch.
March 25: Cedar Point Tickets – (175) Two free tickets to Cedar Point.
March 26: Lunch with Jeff & Bill – (4) TV Broadcasters Jeff Rimer and Bill Davidge take you to lunch.
March 27: $100 Montgomery Inn Gift Card – (12) $100 Gift Card compliments of Montgomery Inn.
March 28: $250 in FanBucks – (10) $250 in FanBucks redeemable at Nationwide Arena for food and beverage at Blue Jackets games.
March 29: Lunch with Coach Richards – (4) Head Coach Todd Richards takes you to lunch.
March 30: Zoombezi Bay Tickets – (50) Two free tickets to Zoombezi Bay.
March 31: Special Player or Coach Delivery – (50) Your 2014-15 Season Tickets delivered by a Blue Jackets player or coach.
NOTE: The number of each prize that will be awarded is noted in parenthesis.