THE FOX SPORTS OHIO/COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS “FLORIDA FLY AWAY SWEEPSTAKES”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOX SPORTS OHIO/COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS “FLORIDA FLY AWAY SWEEPSTAKES” PROMOTION (THE “PROMOTION”) AND ANY ADVERTISEMENT RELATING THERETO IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY WITHIN THE STATE OF OHIO (THE “TERRITORY”). DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE TERRITORY, PHYSICALLY LOCATED WITHIN THE TERRITORY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, AND DO NOT MEET ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Fox Sports Ohio/Columbus Blue Jackets “Florida Fly Away Sweepstakes” Promotion is sponsored by Fox Sports Net Ohio, LLC, located at 9200 South Hills Boulevard, Suite 200, Broadview Heights, Ohio 44147 and the Columbus Blue Jackets located at Nationwide Arena, 200 W. Nationwide Boulevard, Columbus, OH 43215 (each a “Sponsor” collectively, Sponsors). The Promotion offers entrants twelve (12) chances to win a consolation prize in twelve (12) independent consolation prize random drawings (each a “CP Sweepstakes”). Each prizewinner of the CP Sweepstakes will also be entered into a random grand prize drawing (“GP Sweepstakes” and together with CP Sweepstakes, “Sweepstakes”) for a chance to win the Promotion’s grand prize. The Promotion shall begin on November 4, 2014, and end on December 1, 2014. The prizewinner for each CP Sweepstakes will be selected according to the applicable prizewinner determination date as set forth in the chart in rule #3 set forth below and will receive a prize as more specifically described therein. For specific CP Sweepstakes “Registration Periods" (as defined below), see the chart in rule #3. Entry into a Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other Sweepstakes, promotion, sweepstakes, or contest. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to fully comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion.
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the state of Ohio, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsors, and of Fox Cable Network Services, LLC, Fox Entertainment Group, and The News Corporation, Inc., NHL Enterprises, L.P., the National Hockey League (each of the foregoing a “Promotion Entity” and collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and of Nationwide Arena, the Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority (“CFA”), Columbus Arena Management LLC “CAM”), and the Ohio State University (“OSU”), and each of their respective parents, affiliated, or subsidiary companies, advertising, promotion, production services, fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, web masters and web suppliers, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, assigns, and their respective immediate family members [children, spouse, parents, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related (each and every one and all of which Sponsors, Promotion Entities and other persons and entities described in this rule #2, collectively, constitute the “Released Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win. The potential prizewinners of the Promotion may be required to show proof of age and residency.
3) WHEN TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter or win. The Promotion begins at 07:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 4, 2014, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 1, 2014 (such entire period of time shall be referred to hereinafter as the “Promotion Period”). Each CP Sweepstakes shall consist of one (1) CP Sweepstakes registration period (each a “Registration Period”), one (1) CP Sweepstakes keyword (each a “Keyword”), and one (1) CP Sweepstakes prizewinner’s determination date (Each a “CP Prizewinner Determination Date”). The GP Sweepstakes shall consist of a GP Sweepstakes prizewinner determination date (“GP Prizewinner Determination Date”, and together with CP Prizewinner Determination Date, “Prizewinner Determination Dates”). See chart in this rule #3 for each CP Sweepstakes Registration Period. To be eligible for a CP Sweepstakes, all entries must be received by the end of the Registration Period for the applicable CP Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s database clock shall be the official timekeeping device for this Promotion.
4) HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Promotion. 1) TEXT MESSAGE ENTRY: To be eligible for a CP Sweepstakes, during the Registration Period for the applicable CP Sweepstakes, each entrant must text the applicable CP Sweepstakes Keyword to 37664 (“Text Number”). Each entrant’s cell phone number and wireless service provider/carrier will automatically be captured in the database. Each entrant will then receive a text message asking for her/his full name. Then each entrant will receive a second text message asking for birthdate. Finally, each entrant will receive a third text confirming entrant’s entry into the applicable Sweepstakes. Once the entrant has received the confirming text message, the entrant will then receive one (1) entry into the applicable CP Sweepstakes. Proof of sending a text message to the Text Number is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsors of entry into the applicable Sweepstakes. A text message entry is only valid when received and recorded by the Promotion database. While text message entry is designed to work with most major wireless carriers, neither Sponsors nor any Promotion Entity nor any other Released Party guarantees that any particular wireless service provider will be compatible with this Promotion. Text messaging may not be available in all areas. To enter via text messaging, the mobile phone that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Participants should check their cell phone’s features to see if they have that capability. Wireless service providers may charge participants a nominal fee under their cellular service contract or agreement with their provider for each text message that is sent and received in connection with any CP Sweepstakes and/or the Promotion. Participants should consult their wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. Entrants may incur text messaging charges by their wireless service provider in connection with attempted entries and corresponding error messages even if their attempted entry does not go through because of connectivity or other problems experienced. PARTICIPANTS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEES AND SERVICE CHARGES INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH EACH SUCH PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION. A potential prizewinner using a text-messaging-capable device may also be contacted by telephone regarding verification and prize claiming instructions; any potential winner contacted by phone may incur charges according to his/her carrier’s rates, and each potential and actual winner agrees to bear any and all such charges, and entrants should contact their carrier for pricing plans and details. Each entrant agrees to bear any and all charges demanded by such entrant’s wireless carrier and shall fully indemnify each and every one and all of the Released Parties from and against any and all third party claims, demands and/or causes of action arising out of his or her failure to do so. All text-message entries must be received by the end of the applicable CP Sweepstakes Registration Period in order to be eligible. 2) ON-LINE ENTRY: A computer with internet access is required to utilize this method of entry. To be eligible for a CP Sweepstakes, during the Registration Period for the applicable CP Sweepstakes, each entrant must complete and submit the applicable CP Sweepstakes Keyword and all other required information, which may include without limitation, entrant’s full name, address, phone number, birthdate and e-mail address to www.BlueJackets.com/FloridaFlyAway. Upon completion of the aforementioned process, the entrant will receive one (1) entry into the applicable CP Sweepstakes. All required information must be completed to in order to enter into the any CP Sweepstakes and to be eligible to win. GRAND PRIZE SWEEPSTAKES: To be eligible to enter the GP Sweepstakes, each entrant must have been declared as an official prizewinner of a CP Sweepstakes.
Each entrant must provide a valid e-mail address to be eligible. Proof of entering the required information on the Promotion’s registration page is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of entry into a Sweepstakes or in the Promotion. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person who actually submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address supplied at the time of entry. The name of the “authorized account holder” associated with any given mobile telephone number or e-mail address will be deemed to be the entrant and such person must fully comply with and abide by these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned the mobile telephone number or e-mail address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the exchange associated with the submitted mobile telephone number or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable, e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof (to Sponsors’ satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Sponsors, in Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, per cellular phone number, per e-mail address, per CP Sweepstakes throughout the entire Promotion Period. For the purposes of clarity, an entrant may enter all twelve (12) CP Sweepstakes, subject to the aforementioned restriction.
All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. As permitted by law, each entrant agrees that personal information collected in connection with this Promotion may be shared with the Promotion Entities and Sponsors’ other promotional partners, to contact you regarding promotional updates, information, messages, and for other reasons via electronic and/or ordinary mail and will be used by Sponsors and such Promotional Entities in compliance with their respective privacy practices. By entering contest, entrant acknowledges that he/she may receive information on Columbus Blue Jackets and/or Nationwide Arena news, promotions and tickets. Furthermore, each entrant grants the Blue Jackets express permission to issue such materials to such entrant via phone, e-mail, and/or regular mail.
Note: Entry must be made by the entrant, only in the manner as set forth herein. All other methods of entry are considered void, including but not limited to entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other mobile telephone, number, website, or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Promotion. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Promotion entries will be deemed null and void and will be rejected if not submitted through authorized, legitimate channels. If a dispute as to the identity of any entrant cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. The Released Parties shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users, wireless users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in any Sweepstakes or the Promotion. The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, or misdirected entries, text, messages, email messages; or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through and/or by the Website; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion or by visiting the Website; printing or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise.
5) WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Twelve (12) CP Sweepstakes prizewinners will be selected. At the end of the Registration Period for each CP Sweepstakes, one (1) potential prizewinner will be selected from all eligible entries received throughout the Registration Period for the applicable CP Sweepstakes. Each CP Sweepstakes prizewinner will be selected in a random prize drawing on the applicable CP Prizewinner Determination Date as set forth in the chart in rule #3 hereinabove. Determination of the prizewinner for each CP Sweepstakes shall be made by Sponsors or Sponsors’ agent in their sole and absolute discretion and such determination shall be final and binding. Additionally, each potential prizewinner for each CP Sweepstakes will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail on the applicable CP Prizewinner Determination Date, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. The Released Parties shall have no liability for any prizewinner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prizewinner for any reason. Time is of the essence in awarding the prize. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prizewinner cannot be reached by telephone and/or e-mail, or does not respond within three (3) days of the initial attempt to notify the potential prizewinner, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prizewinner, such potential prizewinner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate prizewinner may be selected. Sponsors may successively attempt to contact up to two (2) potential prizewinners in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed prizewinner of the prize after such attempts have been made, if any, the prize may go un-awarded, if the prize remains unclaimed. If any potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prizewinner shall be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected in a random drawing. Solely with respect to the CP Sweepstakes, any alternate prizewinner will be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries received during the applicable CP Sweepstakes’ Registration Period. GRAND PRIZE SWEEPSTAKES: Each CP Sweepstakes prizewinner will be automatically entered into the GP Sweepstakes. The GP Sweepstakes prizewinner will be selected and notified on the GP Prizewinner Determination Date, which is February 3, 2014. If for any reason as described above, the GP Sweepstakes prizewinner forfeits the prize, an alternate GP Sweepstakes prizewinner will be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible GP Sweepstakes entries.
6) PRIZES/ODDS: PRIZE PACKAGE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)/ODDS: Up to thirteen (13) prizes will be awarded, twelve (12) CP Sweepstakes prizes and one (1) GP Sweepstakes prize.
A. CP SWEESPSTAKES PRIZE: Each CP Sweepstakes prize shall consist of (i) one (1) hockey
B. GRAND PRIZE: The GP Sweepstakes prize shall consist of (i) coach-class round trip airfare for two (2) from CMH Columbus International Airport in Columbus, Ohio to Tampa International Airport (TPA) in Tampa, FL; (ii) hotel accommodation (based on double occupancy) for three (3) nights’ stay; (iii) admission for two (2) to see the Blue Jackets play in Tampa, Florida on January 31, 2015; and (iv) Three Hundred Dollars ($300) spending money. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for the prize package is Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000.00). Actual value may vary depending upon fare fluctuations. Prizewinner and his or her guest must be available to travel to Tampa, Florida on January 30, 2015 through February 2, 2015. Hotel accommodations, including size and type of room, shall be at Sponsors’ sole discretion and subject to availability. Prizewinner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for providing any required travel documents. Prizewinner and guest must travel on Sponsors’ designated dates or grand prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Prizewinner may not choose alternate dates. Other restrictions may apply. Sponsors reserve the right to change the dates of travel. All travel may be subject to flight variations, delays, cancellations, re-booking, work stoppages or occurrences of force majeure, terrorist act or threat of terrorism. It is recommended that the prizewinner and prizewinner’s guest obtain travel insurance at their own cost. Airfare does not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Sponsors are not responsible for game change and/or or cancellation. Prizewinner may be required to provide a valid credit card upon check-in at hotel. Any other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including, but not limited to, meals, beverages, gratuities, parking fees, personal purchases and transportation to and from the airport are the responsibility of the prizewinner and will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned or assigned to any third party. The actual odds of winning the GP Sweepstakes prize will depend upon the total number of CP Sweepstakes prizewinners who qualify for the Grand Prize Sweepstakes.
The GP Sweepstakes prizewinner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older in order to participate, or if such prizewinner’s guest is under the age of twenty-one (21) the GP Sweepstakes prizewinner must be such guest’s spouse, parent or legal guardian in order for such guest to participate in the prize activities. The admission passes to the professional hockey game are subject to all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto and are non-transferable and will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned or assigned to any third party.
7) GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The potential prizewinners are subject to verification. The prizes are not redeemable for cash. No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except that Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of comparable value if a prize listed is unavailable for any reason. The prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. If lost, the prize awarded herein or any portion thereof will not be replaced. The prize or any portion thereof will not be substituted, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion due to unavailability, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value except where prohibited by law. Upon verification of entrant’s win and compliance with these Official Rules, delivery of the prize will be coordinated by a representative of Sponsors and the prizewinners will receive further notification with details on how to claim the prize. All details and other restrictions of the prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. In the event the prizewinner or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse and/or threaten any other person, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the applicable event in whole or in part, and, if applicable and practicable under the circumstances, send such prizewinner and/or his or her guest home with no further compensation. Sponsors further reserve the right, wherever applicable and appropriate, to seek damages and other remedies from such persons to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8) GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prizes will be awarded only if the potential prizewinner fully complies with these Official Rules. The prizewinners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any and all other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize not expressly the responsibility of Sponsors under these Rules. The potential prizewinners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where imposing such condition is legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”) prior to receiving the prize. The Prize Claim Documents must be returned within the time frame indicated on the documents. If the potential prizewinner fails to return such documents within the prescribed time, then the potential prizewinner will be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
Depiction of any prize in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize delivered to the prizewinner. Sponsors or their agents and the other Released Parties shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of any prize or any portion thereof once it has been shipped by Sponsors or their agents.
9) CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By entering the Promotion, each entrant hereby: (a) expressly acknowledges, stipulates and agrees that the Released Parties shall have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be saved and held absolutely and forever harmless from and against any liability for any and all claims, causes of action, injuries, losses, or damages of any and all kinds to any person(s), including property damage and/or personal injury, including paralysis and/or death, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from participation in this Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from and/or during travel to or from any prize- or Promotion-related activity, or from or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; (b) forever releases the Released Parties from any and all liability described or set forth in subpart (a) of this Paragraph 9; and (c) forever absolutely waives any and all right to claim error and/or ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules. This Promotion shall not be used for any form of gambling.
10) SPONSORS’ RIGHTS/FORCE MAJEURE: Acceptance of a prize constitutes prizewinner’s informed, express consent and permission for Sponsors to use prizewinner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Sponsors reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Promotion or any Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion or the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsors’ control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Promotion or the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsors are prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Promotion or Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond their control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion and/or the Sweepstakes. If the Promotion or the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsors will (if possible) select winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsors.
IN NO EVENT WHATSOEVER SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR TYPE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY OR PROXIMATELY OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
12) WINNER'S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of any legally-required winner’s list or these Official Rules, visit www.BlueJackets.com/FloridaFlyAway, or mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Florida Fly Away Sweepstakes”, c/o Columbus Blue Jackets, 200 West Nationwide Boulevard, Suite Level, Columbus, Ohio 43215. Any such legally required winner’s list may be available for a period of thirty (30) calendar days following the end of the Promotion Period.